Friday, May 27, 2011

Seoul Korea in 3 Days (Day 3)

Day 3

Today marks the last day of my recce to Seoul and I have planned to take it slowly and enjoy Seoul one last time on this trip. So today is going to be a little all over the place i.e. impromptu. The only place that I have planned to visit is the last palace for the trip and that is Changgyeonggung but since today is Tuesday, it is closed! So please remember to avoid scheduling palace visits on Tuesday because most of them are closed for the week. You have been warned!

T-Money is used to pay for your public transportation in Seoul.Similar to EZ-Link card (Singapore), Octopus Card (Hong Kong)or Oyster card (London). This is the regular card and you canget more options at their 24-hour family mart E.g. Hello Kitty design.




Since the palace is closed for the day and
we are already here, just need to snap something
for souvenir.




Having the extra time and no where particular to go, I decided to just go to the usual tour places like the Namsangol Hanok Village (Ancient peasant village) to visit for the sake of visiting. If you are truly interested to know about the culture of the ancient Koreans, here is the right place as you will see the house they lived in, the games they played prior to all those tech-gadgets, the ancient attire and some ceremonies that I don’t bother to stay and watch as it does not interest me as much.

View at the entrance for Namsangol Hanok Village.

Nothing much here really... but just have to do it because its
a tourist thing to do +_+.



During my visit, there are plenty of cabbage shrubs. I wonder are they edible but I suppose they are
not, otherwise someone is will take it home to eat with the korean BBQ beef? ... just kidding.



We headed to Pet Street near to the Hanok village to have a look at the pet industry here and again, l am not particularly thrilled either. As per my previous posting, the typical trend in Seoul is that you will soon noticed that when you see one shop selling steam bun, it is almost always foolproof to expect that there will be another 10 located side-by-side with the first one you’ve seen. So if it interests you to visit shop by shop and to see their “merchandise”, ‘tis the place.


This cream Pomeranian pup is totally adorable. Perhaps I should do a poster
black & white print for display in my living room.

Prior to heading to the airport, my wife and I managed to find one eatery that serves good stuffs at great price! We ordered the Seafood Bibimbap and the Samgyetang for the two of us. The Bibimbap is scrumptuos and the Samgyetang, which comes with oysters too are a delight! In fact it is so much a delight that I promised myself that I will come back again on my next trip! Unfortunately, I was too busy eating and too satisfied when leaving to take a photo of the address. Anyway, I am sure Seoul has plenty of eatery that you could explore and my advice is, be adventurous! Head to alleys that no tour will bring you to and you will be surprised that these places where the local eats are truly gems! In addition to low prices (OF course, no English too) the food tasted better/authentic. I have yet to taste anything bad in Seoul thus far so hopefully l won’t get lucky.


Scrumptious Seafood Bibimbap. There are plenty of baby
octopus and snails buried underneath the topping.
Great price, great value and great taste!

This Samgyetang comes with oysters are definitely one of the LTs
in Seoul that will be edged into my memory for a long time.



Thanks for reading!

**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article! This is the type of info that should be shared around the internet.
    Shame on the seek engines for not positioning this publish upper!
    Come on over and seek advice from my web site . Thank you =)

    http://72259.goshrink.com

    Here is my web page: Minneapolis SEO Company

    ReplyDelete