Monday, November 16, 2009

Hong Kong in 6 Days (Day 3)

Day 3

Today is the day whereby my wife and I will take a trip down to our childhood memories and where else would it be if its not Disneyland Hong Kong? During my childhood days, Mickey mouse and gang is the best thing that could happen on TV and my brother would record the cartoon down on our then sophisticated VCR to watch. Watch we did! In fact for so many times that we could memorize the dialogue/lines from the start through till the end and perhaps that was one of the ways that my siblings and I learnt our English.

Our morning breakfast spread consists of (Clock wise from 12 o'clock position)
Chicken porridge, stocking tea, hotdogs + toast + eggs, French toasts, Rice dumpling in soy sauce


Chicken Porridge


Before we headed to the Disneyland, which is in Lantau Island (Near to Chek Lap Kok Airport) we headed to Wan Cai for breakfast. We just pick one Cha Chan Teng (CCT) and placed our order. I ordered Teng Jai Porridge while my wife ordered the French Toast. Teng Jai porridge are porridges with seafood ingredients such as fish and squid. Meals in Hong Kong does not come cheap especially so in CCTs as the prices ranges from HK$30-60 per set. However, for that price, the portion and quality you get is pretty reasonable. The porridge is delicious! The dumpling is so-so while the milk tea (More affectionately known as the Silk Stocking Tea) is really tasty!

Rice dumpling in soy sauce


We then make our way to the Admiralty MTR and headed to Disneyland! One thing to take note is that you could purchase the Disneyland ticket from the Admiralty MTR itself. I am not sure whether you could purchase the ticket on other MTR but having it in Admiralty makes our trip a lot more convenient. The journey from Hong Kong Island takes roughly 30-40mins (as far as l could remember) to reach the Disneyland MTR station and if you are someone easily annoyed by loud chattering noises, bear with it... Both my wife and I are annoyed by our comrades from the Mainland who board the MTR as a group and sat between us. Not only did they talk to the person seated directly opposite them, some guys seated on our right even attempted to talk to the person seated on our left, thus sandwiching us in their chattering chatter!!! Boy, would I love to give it to them but since I am just having my holiday here, lets live and let live.

My lovely wife with her back to the Disneyland MTR station


Oblivious tourist walking in front of our camera.The look on my wife's face is priceless!
The situation of overcrowding due to Chinese tourists in Hong Kong is getting worse.

The Disneyland in Hong Kong is not really that big but because of such, it is easy to cover it within half a day but since the fireworks display is at 8PM, you may want to stay all the way like we did. My wife and I made a pact to just enjoy the show and not bother about taking photos or videos so nothing for you guys here. You gotta experience it on your own.



There are a number of attraction that I sincerely hope you would not miss as I enjoyed it and thought that you would missed out big time if you did not make it a point to visit and they are as follow:

1-Performance in the Academy.
It is located up north of Disneyland and if you take the locomotive train, it is directly under the train station. Make sure you go there early as the queue is very long.

2-Small Small World
This is a river ride and it brings you from tunnels to tunnels filled with a lot of colorful animated statues from all over the world. During the whole ride, there will be the song "Its a Small Small World" sung in different languages as you passed by each country.



3-Firework
It only happens on 8pm. Don't miss this!

There are plenty of eating place in the Disneyland and of course they do not come cheap and not really tasty. The safest bet is to go for something deep fried as nothing can really go wrong with deep frying.


Overall, it truly is a nice place to relive your childhood memories. Both my wife and I would really love to bring some of our cousin and especially my niece, Angeli to Disneyland I truly believes that they would enjoy Disney more than I do and will leave them a far memorable trip.



**Note: All rights reserved. If you like any photos found in this blog or would like to engage me in any assignment, please e-mail me for more details at seage79@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment